- Do you know the present zoning of the property?
- Gather any legal documents (abstracts, tax statements, plat drawings, etc.) for your property.
- Have there been any surveys done recently in your neighborhood?
- Do you know if any property pins exist on your property?
- Typically, rural surveys should be done in late fall or early spring to avoid excess foliage in areas populated by trees. (It will take less time to complete your survey.)
- City and county zoning ordinances require access to road right of way for all new plats of survey. (Check with your local county or municipal agency about particular requirements.)